Tuesday 6 August 2019

Daleks and a Tank

The game I currently have in mind when I build and paint is OnePageRules' Grimdark Future. It's a streamlined game, free to download, that's inspired by Warhammer 40,000. I've very nearly finished my little starter army of 'Havoc Brothers', but in the meantime, here's my 'Robot Legions' force. Most people will represent Robot Legions in the game with GW's Necron range, but I think Daleks are a good fit for the army, and I happened to have a big bag of them!




These are cheap plastic toy Daleks that came free on the cover of children's Doctor Who magazines a while back. I bought mine in a big bag of about 50 at a car boot sale for 50p!



I painted them with cheap black spray primer and metallic Sharpie pens- very quick and simple.



The 'Doom Tank' presumably has a clear equivalent in the Necron range, but I don't know what it is. However, The stats and rules seemed to fit the one I've made. It was a quick conversion from a mysterious part-of-a-toy I've had in the bits box for a while. I added a pen lid and a map pin as gun barrels, and a bit of plastic underneath to give the impression of hovering. I've ordered some flat backed round bead stickers in silver. These will be added to the side panelling to echo the round things on the Dalek's armour.



Here's the force, ready to play!


No comments:

Post a Comment