Monday 26 August 2019

Peg Giant

This time I used actual wooden clothes pegs to make the figure. I used one with the tips cut off to give a flat contact with the base (I reinforced the joint by pinning both feet with sections of cocktail sticks), and I used the prongs of another to create the arms. The club is made from a paintbrush handle, whittled to look rough, and with the point of a cocktail stick driven through a hole in the end to look like a big nail or spike. The pig is a peg doll, the same size and shape as the orcs, but with the addition of little legs; sections of cocktail stick glued into drilled holes.


2 comments:

  1. These are all fabulous, well done mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe. I had totally missed this new blog and was thrilled to find it. Love the ethos, and progress so far ( the troll's high rise strides are great). I've just handed my 2 youngest (9 and 13) a handful of chunky 90s figures each and told them to get painting for a planned battle in the near future. I look forward to seeing more of your work soon. Cheers Mike

    ReplyDelete